So today I just thought I’d take the time to share some of those things (in no particular order) that I find super annoying.
- Smacking or popping gum: It’s called CHEWING gum for a reason…you’re supposed to chew it. There is nothing more annoying than someone (especially on an airplane where I can’t get away) incessantly popping or smacking gum. If you can’t stop, then don’t chew it in public.
- People who stare down my food while I’m eating: You know those people who, while you’re eating at a restaurant, walk by your table and stare at your food?!?! YES! I do find it annoying! Glance people…don’t stare.
- Drivers who shoot me the bird because I honked at them to keep them from hitting me. I’m not talking about a blaring, rude HHHHOOOONNNNKKK…no, just a polite ‘toot toot’ to get their attention. Really? I just saved you from an accident and you’re mad at me??
- When someone asks me a question and then before I really have a chance to answer, they start talking about themselves. If you don’t want to know, then don’t ask.
- Dishonesty. Enough said.
- When people take 5 million years to take a picture. I travel with tourists for a living. Look in the view finder and press the little button…seriously…why does it take so long?
- People who type in ALL CAPS all the time. Yes, it does look like you’re screaming at me in email.
- Men who don’t do anything about hair protruding from their noses and ears. Do you ever look at yourself in the mirror? It’s even worse when they are married. Attention all Women: Don’t let your man walk around with this disgusting phenomenon (and control those crazy eyebrows too!).
- People who try to be funny that aren’t. NEWS FLASH: God didn’t make all of us funny. It’s okay. If it’s not your gift, then don’t try because it’s embarrassing.
- People who tailgate me when I’m already going 85 mph. Why?
- Know-it-alls. Nobody cares how much you know. Here’s a hint–if the person to whom you’re talking stops making eye contact, starts looking around randomly, glances at watch, etc…you are boring them (or annoying them).
Well, that’s all I have for now. There are many more things that I find rude or annoying but I don’t want to overwhelm. If you are guilty of any of the above, it’s time to make a change. Trust me, I’m not the only one who feels this way; I’m just the first one to tell you about yourself.